Cutest blog background

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's 2013


Wow! Another year has come…and just as quickly…gone.

I have been learning an amazing thing this year- Truly Trusting Christ. I know, I’ve made a couple posts about that this year, so I’ll spare you and not go into a really long speech. :)

I have a feeling I will be learning this even more so this year. Last year, the Lord threw in a couple surprises in what I thought was a year I had well planned. 
This year, there are only a couple of things I actually have planned. Everything else is completely up in the air!
I am a little nervous as to what the year might hold, but I am completely thrilled to find out what the Lord has in store! It’s even more thrilling to know that the majority of it is going to be a complete surprise, and that my year’s story (as well as my life story) is being written by the Maker of Heaven and Earth, my Heavenly Father!

Jeremiah 29:11 says- For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Hebrews 11:1-Now FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 8:24-29-For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

What wonderful truths to start the New Year on!
Not only is the Lord planning good things for our lives, but- THROUGH His plans He will build our faith and our hope! By building our faith and hope, He will draw us even closer to Himself!
Oh! What a glorious thought! Every step of this life is predestined by Christ Himself to draw us closer and closer to Him!
How wonderful to know that everything- Every person, every job, every relationship, every ministry, EVERYTHING- is meant to strengthen our relationship with Christ.

As you enter into 2013- be on the lookout. Look around you for the blessings of Christ, and for the ways He is drawing you to Himself! It could be in the most unlikely place!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment