Cutest blog background

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Going for Christ- Part 2

It's not a question of "Do I GO?" it's a question of "How Do I GO?"


Please read Going for Christ- Part 1 first. Thank you.

I always thought that to be a missionary, you had to go to the "jungles of Africa" or some other exotic place. But, this past year I attended a conference in Ohio, and the focus was on "Going for the Lord".  I realized at that conference that going has many different faces.

You can be going by serving in your local church, ministering to homeless at your local soup kitchen, leading after school Bible clubs, going on mission trips, or just by giving a smile to someone. 

As Christians, we are all missionaries for Christ. We have been given the commission to "Go into all the World and preach the Gospel". 

The problem some Christians have (myself included), is that we forget we're all missionaries, and we tend to brush off "going into all the world". We get so caught up in Jerusalem, that we forget about ALL of Judea, much less the uttermost parts of the earth. And Samaria? It's at the very back of our minds, if it's even in our minds at all.

I have been challenged through the seminars I've attended and the books I have read this past year, to get my "Global Focus" back. 

I am Christian, a Follower of Christ. His heart is supposed to be my heart. His desires, my desires. I must live my life as if it truly is.

I must not only work in my Jerusalem (where I am at right now), I must also do what I can to help spread the gospel across the country of the United States. I also need to make sure that my Samaria is being reached as well- I must go to those that when I think of them, I cringe (I'm being honest with you, this does happen in my life!). I also need to be thinking about the entire world, but I don't just need to think, I need to do...in ALL aspects.

As an example- My life. The way I'm "Going" right now-
*Author's note- My main calling, and my heart, is to work with children, so most of my "Go's" revolve around kids. Not everyone is called to work with children. Some are called to work with the elderly, some are called to work with teens, others still are called to work with business leaders, etc.. What has the Lord called you to do? What makes your heart burn with a passion to be able to be a part of it?

In my Jerusalem- I lead children's church on Sundays and Vacation Bible School in the Summer. I help with a food pantry at my church.

In all Judea- I lead and help with children's programs in North Carolina and Texas. (Mental note-This is an area I need to work on.)

Samaria- there are some people that are hard to work with in all circles. I am learning to serve them all in the Love of Christ. It makes life much more simple if I do it through Christ's power and not my own. :)

Uttermost parts of the Earth- I LONG for the day when I can go out of the country to serve the Lord. But until the Lord opens the door for me to go, I help support the goal of spreading the Gospel of Christ to the uttermost parts of the world by giving monetarily and prayerfully to "frontline missionaries" (so to speak) and to organizations that are dedicated to sharing the Gospel.

All Glory goes to the Lord for allowing me the privilege of serving Him in a multitude of ways. I am not bragging on myself but on Christ my Savior! I simply want to help give you all an idea of what "GO" looks like for an average 20-something adult.

So- Those are my "Go's". What are your's? What do you feel the Lord directing you to do?
I would love to hear your stories!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resource links-

The conference I attended last year has the audios online for you to listen to and download for free- Check them out!
Sermon Audios from Passion4Christ Summit 2012

If you would like to experience Radical, or any of the other books I've listed for yourself- Here are links to each one-
Radical by David Platt
Passion for the Heart of God by John Zumwalt
Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman

Enjoy! God Bless you on your Journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment