Cutest blog background

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Today is the day we, as a nation, have set aside to gather together and give thanks to the Lord for all that He has blessed us with.

Today, I would like to thank the Lord for all of my blessings, but specifically for the following ones from this past year-


1. First and foremost- My salvation through my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and for continuing to draw me unto Himself!


Pleasant Hill Outdoor Center, Perrysville, OH
October 2012


2. Time with family-


Sim's BBQ Molasses Festival October 2012


Family - Easter 2012 


With cousins in Nashville, TN June 2012


3. Bonding with My sisters :)

Easter 2012 


4. Opportunities to serve the Lord-


Served with these amazing people in Big Sandy, TX 
April 2012


I was blessed to teach these cute kids about the Lord!
So blessed by these little ones!


The Lord opened the door this summer for a VBS at my church.
What a tremendous blessing and opportunity it was to work 
with these adults and teach these children about the 
Masterwork of God in their lives!
July 2012


The Lord abundantly blessed with an awesome team of teachers
for the NC Children's Program this summer!
August 2012


I was also blessed to teach these adorable young ladies


 5. Making New friends- 


With new family friends in Nashville, TN
June 2012


I got to stay in the same cabin with these beautiful ladies for a week!
What a blessing they each were to me!
Perrysville, OH 
October 2012


6. My birthday- I turned 22 this year!
So blessed with another year to serve the Lord, love my family,
and shine the light of Christ to those around me!


7. Wise ladies to disciple me and help lead me in the path of the Lord.

This is one of those special ladies- Mrs. Pam Cavanaugh


 8. Iron-sharpening-Iron friendships


The amazing small group the Lord allowed me to be a part of at
Passion4Christ Summit 2012
Perrysville, OH
October 2012

 9. Awesome sunsets and sunrises to enjoy!


Sunrise in Big Sandy, TX
April 2012


Sunset near my church
March 2012

10. Protection


This picture may not fit with 'protection' for you- but for me it does.
Here's why- 
1. John 3:16- "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, 
but have everlasting life."
I am protected from the schemes of the devil, because I have placed my heart, faith, and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ.

2. The ring is my 'promise ring', that my daddy gave me. 
This ring represents that I have placed the responsibility of protecting my heart in the hands of my daddy and my Lord. Until the Lord brings the right man into my life, and even past that- until my wedding day, my heart will rest safely in their hands.  They will help me keep my feet on the ground, my head out of the clouds, 
my eyes on the goal of serving the Lord, 
and my heart focused on the Lord Himself.
What a blessing this truly is, and one that I have come to truly 
appreciate the older I get! 


There are many more things that I could list, but I will keep it at the top 10 today :).  

As you spend time with your family today, take time to count your many blessings!  






No comments:

Post a Comment