Cutest blog background

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Because of My Enemies

"Lead me, O LORD, in Thy righteousness because of mine enemies;
make Thy way straight before my face."
~Psalm 5:8

King David wrote this verse as he was fleeing for his life from his own son.
King David had a real flesh and blood enemy (in more ways than one).

As I read this verse this morning, the thought came to mind-
"What enemies am I facing?"

Right now, I am seeking the Lord's direction in which way 
I'm to go on a very specific burden He has placed on my heart.
I know that the Lord has called me to this certain thing, 
but what I don't know is the when and where of it all.

So I'm trusting the Lord to show me His way.
But while I'm trusting, I'm continually fighting some 'enemies' of my own.
They are a little different from what King David was facing, but 
they are probably not that much different from what you are facing.

Fear- As much as I would love to say that I am wholly and completely trusting
in the Lord, I must admit, there is a little bit of fear for the unknown.
I'm going into new territory, and there will be lots of change.
But I am reminded -

Isaiah 41:10- "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: 
be not dismayed; for I am thy God
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; 
yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isaiah 35:4- "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, 
Be strong, fear not
behold, your God will come with vengeance, 
even God with a recompense; He will come and save you."

1 John 4:18- "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: 
because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

What the Lord has called me to do will require love. 
Frankly, love is required in my everyday life, so if I am fearing, 
I'm not able to love like Christ wants me to. 
So my prayer becomes- 
"Teach me Thy way, O LORD; I will walk in Thy truth: 
unite my heart to fear Thy name." (Psalm 86:11)

The only fear I am supposed to have in my life is a fear of the Lord.

Impatience- There is the 'want' to jump the gun, and say "I'm gonna do this!"
and then go do what I think is best, but I know that will get me nowhere,
and will be detrimental to what the Lord is asking me to do.

Psalm 62:5 says- "My soul, wait thou only upon God; 
for my expectation is from Him."

Psalm 130:5- "I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, 
and in His Word do I hope."

I must learn to wait, and to wait patiently. 
I believe this is one of the hardest lessons to learn, 
because human nature is naturally impatient.
But, I am trusting in His Word, that He will do what He says.
And through the waiting, may I become a vessel fit for the Master's use.

Worry- over what may come. 
It's a natural thing to worry over possible sickness, 
physical harm, or even death.

But, I find great comfort in Psalm 91:10-13-
"There shall no evil befall thee,
neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
For He shall give His angels charge over thee,
to keep thee in all thy ways.
They shall bear thee up in their hands,
lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder:
the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet."


Also- Romans 8:28- 
"And we know that all things work together for good to them
that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

These verses do not mean that nothing bad will ever happen to me.
What it means is that even WHEN something bad happens,
it will all work out for my good and for the His GLORY! 
Everything, both good and bad, is used by God in our lives to make
us worthy of what He has called us to do for Him.
I cannot explain to you the peace that comes into your life when you
truly grasp the meaning of that!

If I am walking in the Spirit, if I am doing what Christ has called me to do,
then there is absolutely nothing to fear, be impatient over, or worry about.

"But I trusted in Thee, O LORD: 
I said, Thou art my God. 
My times are in Thy hand: 
deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, 
and from them that persecute me."
~Psalm 31:14-15

The journey for each of us is different, yet the same.
We all will face worry, fear, and impatience at some point in our life.
The question is- 
How will you handle it?

Psalm 62:5-8-
My soul, wait thou only upon God; 
for my expectation is from Him.
He only is my ROCK
and my SALVATION
He is my DEFENSE
I shall not be moved.
In God is my SALVATION 
and my GLORY
the ROCK of my STRENGTH
and my REFUGE, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times; 
ye people, pour out your heart before Him: 
God is a REFUGE for us. 
Selah.

Jehovah is our ROCK, our SALVATION, 
our DEFENSE, our GLORY, our STRENGTH, and our REFUGE!

Trust in His plan for your life. Trust in what He has called you to do.
And when your enemies of fear, impatience, worry, or whatever else, come against you, remember to pour your heart out to HIM!
He desires to hear your heart, to hear you tell Him every fear and worry.
Tell Him when you're impatient.
And then-
Ask for Him to be your defense against the worry.
Ask Him to be your rock in the midst of fear.
Ask Him to be your refuge in a time of impatience.
And most of all, 
Ask Him to get the glory through your life!

Many blessings to you my brothers and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment